Concerning the Removal of Illegal Installation Near the Building of the Union of Contractors in Gaza
- Published on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 14:57
On 17th September 2012, The Land Authority in Gaza, supported by the Palestinian police, has started removing illegal installations owned by the Union of Contractors in Gaza. This process has been started just after finishing all needed legal requirements.
Concerning the union's claim that this process is illegal, The Land Authority would like to clarify that:
1. The 1700 m2 area of land under conflict was rent to the contractors union in 23.09.2008, knowing that this area was allocated to Gaza Municipality to be used for constructing a storm water collecting area. This project, unfortunately, was delayed due to siege and technical problems.
2. On 25.10.2010, The Land Authority informed the union that this rental is over, in a letter sent directly to Mr. Osama Kuhail, the president of the union, stating that the 1700 m2 land area lying in the piece of land number (726), parcel (229) in Tel-Elhawa district in Gaza should be evacuated within 15 days.
3. On 03.07.2012 the ministers council in Gaza decided to allocate this area for constructing a hospital instead of storm water collection area.
4. The facilities removed by the Land Authority are only few facilities of the union's properties extending on about 3 donums the union uses in the conflict area, including the 1700 m2 land.
5. On 29.08.2012, the union was asked to remove the illegal facilities on the mentioned land.
Finally, The Land Authority expresses its condemnation for the media campaign leaded by the union against the Land Authority, and insures that this process is done according to ministers council resolution of allocating this land for rehabilitation and physical therapy hospital .