- Published on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 11:51
On Wednesday 15th August, Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahranot said that Sources in Hamas announced that the government in Gaza will form a temporary security committee with Egypt to investigate last week's Sinai terror attack resulted the death of 16 Egyptian soldiers.
The newspaper also said that sources in Hamas announced that the government in Gaza agreed with Egypt to set up a joint committee to increase the security cooperation between the sides and to investigate Sinai terror attack.
Yediot Ahranot revealed that the committee includes representatives and senior officials from the Internal Ministry in the Gaza Strip, and will be headed by a senior officer from the Egyptian General Intelligence Service.
It also revealed that Hamas view the establishment of the committee as formal and exceptional Egyptian recognition of Hamas and its government in Gaza.