- Israeli forces continued to use excessive force against unarmed civilians and peaceful protesters in the Gaza Strip
- A civilian succumbed to wounds he sustained during his participation in the Return and Breaking Siege protests.
- 77 civilians, including 12 children, a woman, a journalist and 3 paramedics, were wounded; 4 of them sustained serious wounds.
- Israeli forces continued to open fire at the border areas in the Gaza Strip
- A Child was killed near the border fence in the central Gaza Strip.
- A child succumbed to wounds he sustained in the 2014 offensive on the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces wounded 12 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children and a woman, in the West Bank.
- Israeli forces conducted 88 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and 2 limited ones into the southern Gaza Strip.
- 53 civilians, including 11 children and a woman, were arrested in the West Bank.
- 10 of them, including 7 children, were arrested in Jerusalem.
- Israeli authorities continued to create a Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
- Two houses were demolished in Beit Hanina in addition to a building of 12 residential apartments in Sho’afat refugee camp and a commercial facility in Silwan.
- Israeli forces continued their settlement activities in the West Bank.
- 3 barracks and 5 tents were demolished, uprooted and confiscated in Kherbet Bzeiq in the Northern Jordan Valleys.
- 7 civilians, including a baby girl, sustained wounds and bruises due to settlers’ attacks against them.
- 3 shooting incidents were reported against fishing boats in the sea, but no casualties were reported.
- Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose theillegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 12th consecutive year.
- 103 permanent checkpoints, 100 temporary checkpoints and 14 closed roads obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians in the West Bank.
- 5 civilian were arrested at the military checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (01 – 07 November 2018).
In the Gaza Strip, the Israeli forces killed ‘Emad Shahin (17) from al-Nussairat refugee camo when the Israeli soldiers stationed along the border fence between the Gaza Strip and Israeli, east of al-Maghazi in the central Gaza Strip opened fire at 3 Palestinian children and youngsters who approached the border fence. As a result, one of them was wounded, arrested and then taken by a helicopter to Soroka Hospital. On 14 November 2018, the Israeli media declared his death after succumbing to his wounds.
On 07 November 2018, the medical sources at al-Ahli Hospital in Hebron declared the death of Ahmed al-Najjar (21) from Khan Younis after he succumbed to wounds he sustained during his participation in the Return Protests, east of Khuza’ah, east of the City. The above-mentioned civilian was wounded on 26 October 2018 with a bullet that penetrated his abdomen and exited his back during his participation in the Return protests near the Return encampment in eastern Khuza’ah. At that time, he was referred to the Gaza European hospital where his condition was described as serious and after few days he was referred to al-Ahli Hospital in Hebron until his death was declared.
In the same context, on 02 November 2018, the medical sources declared the death of Mohammed al-Rifi (13) from al-Nafaq Street in Gaza City after he succumbed to wounds he sustained in the 2014 offensive on the Gaza Strip.
As part of using excessive forces against the peaceful protests along the Gaza Strip borders, the Israeli forces during the reporting period wounded 77 civilians, including 12 children, a woman, a journalist and 3 paramedics. Four of those wounded sustained serious injuries.
Injuries in the Gaza Strip between 01 and 07 November 2018 in Each City
|Northern Gaza Strip||28||7||1||1||2||1|
|Central Gaza Strip||4||0||0||0||1||0|
As part of targeting the Palestinian fishermen in the sea, the Israeli forces continued to escalate their attacks against the Palestinian fishermen, indicating the on-going Israeli policy to target their livelihoods. During the reporting period, PCHR documented 3 attacks against the fishermen in the north-western Beit Lahia in the northern Gaza Strip. However, no casualties or damage to the boat was reported.
In the West Bank, during the reporting period, the Israeli forces wounded 12 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children and a woman, in separate shooting incidents.
During the reporting period, Israeli forces conducted at least 88 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and 9 similar ones into Jerusalem and its suburbs. During those incursions, Israeli forces arrested at least 43 Palestinians, including 4 children and a woman, in the West Bank. Meanwhile, 10 other civilians, including 7 children, were arrested in Jerusalem and its suburbs.
In the Gaza Strip, on 05 November 2018, Israeli forces moved 50 meters into al-Shokah village, east of Rafah City in the southern Gaza Strip. They levelled lands and set barbed wires around 50 meters away from the western side of the main border fence.
On 07 November 2018, Israeli forces carried a similar incursion into eastern Khuza’ah village, east of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.
Israeli Forces continued to create a Jewish Majority in occupied East Jerusalem:
As part of the Israeli house demolitions and notices, on 06 November 2018, the Israeli forces demolished 2 residential houses belonging to the family of Kamel al-Rajabi and his sons in al-Aqshqariyah neighbourhood in Beit Hanina, north of occupied East Jerusalem under the pretext of building without a license. The 130-square-meter houses were built 4 months ago and sheltered 3 families of 12 members, including 5 children.
On the same day, the Israeli municipal bulldozers demolished a commercial facility in Beer Ayoub neighbourhood in Silwan village, south of occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City, udner the pretext of unlicensed construction. The facility belonged to Mohamed ‘Odah and was built a year and a half ago on an area of 20 square meters. The facility is a canteen for selling sandwiches and drinks and supported 3 families.
On 07 November 2018, Israeli municipal bulldozers demolished a residential building in Sho’afat refugee camp, north of East Jerusalem’s Old City, belonging to Mahmoud al-Jaradat under the pretext of the unlicensed construction and its closeness to the annexation wall. The building was comprised of 4 floors; 3 of which were residential and a ground floor that was used as a car parking. The building was 600 square meters and included 12 residential apartments; 8 were ready for inhabitation.
Israeli Forces continued their settlement activities, and the settlers continued their attacks against Palestinian civilians and their property
As part of demolition of houses and other civil objects, on 05 November 2018, the Israeli forces demolished, uprooted and confiscated 3 barracks and 5 tents belonging to ‘Omer Bshara in Kherbet Bzeiq in the Jordan Valleys, east of Tubas on 05 November 2018. Two of these barracks and tents were residential while one of them was used for sheltering sheep. The Israeli forces confiscated tin plates and the tents and later withdrew.
As part of the Israeli settlers’ attacks against the Palestinians civilians and their property, PCHR’s fieldworkers documented 4 attacks by settlers, including2 in Hebron and 2 in Nablus. As a result of those attacks, 7 civilians, including a baby girl, were wounded.