IOF killed Palsetinian & close Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem  


Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) on Friday afternoon shot dead a Palestinian in occupied Jerusalem, under the pretext of attempting to carry out a stabbing attack.

Israeli forces reinforced troops in the area of the alleged attack and claimed that they were searching for other suspects there, and removed all worshipers from the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

The compound is a frequent flashpoint of Israeli-Palestinian tensions, which have surged in the past few months.
According to Israeli media, the Palestinian who was killed is an Arab Israeli from Umm al-Fahm, a city in the Palestinian land occupied in 1948, named Ahmad Mahameed.

The Israeli occupation police responded to the alleged stabbing attempt by blocking the alleys surrounding the crime scene and opening an investigation.

The Israeli media alleges that Mahameed left the Council Gate at the Mosque at about 5:30pm. He then noticed a group of policemen stationed a few meters away, and tried to stab one of them with the knife he was holding. After a fight between the police and the suspect, he was shot and killed by police officers at the scene.

Under the guidance of the commander of the Jerusalem District, Major General Yoram Halevy, questioning was conducted throughout the Al Aqsa Mosque area, and police removed the public from the scene.

The Palestinians responded to the decision to close the Al-Aqsa Mosque by calling for prayer at its doors.
Hundreds of Jerusalemites gathered and recited the Maghrib and ‘Isha’ prayers at the doors of the mosque and demanded that it be reopened.

Israeli occupation forces attacked the worshipers outside Al-Aqsa Mosque gates, which Israel closed and removed all Palestinians from inside after a man was killed afternoon by IOF.

Hundreds of Palestinians gathered in response to the urgent appeal by Islamic religious authorities in the city to denounce the occupation’s decision to close Al-Aqsa Mosque and remove those inside it following the killing of Ahmad Mahameed, 30.

Citizens of Jerusalem prayed at Al Aqsa door after Israeli occupation forces closure to the Mosque and expelled worshipers from it.

Worshipers said that they will continue their protest until the reopening of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Check Also

7amleh welcomes BSR Human Rights Due Diligence report regarding Arabic and Hebrew content

Bethlehem/PNN/ 7amleh, along with 67 of local, regional and international partners has issued a joint …