Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the weekly cabinet meeting yesterday that Tel Aviv will continue to “move against Iran in Syria”.
Netanyahu explained that he had spoken with British Prime Minister Theresa May on Saturday evening and told her that “the important international message of the attack is zero tolerance for the use of non-conventional weapons.”
US, British and French forces hit Syria with air strikes late on Saturday night in response to an alleged poison gas attack that killed dozens of people last week.
“I added that this policy needs to also be expressed in preventing terrorist states and groups from having nuclear abilities,” Netanyahu said.
The same support for attacking Iranian positions in Syria was also echoed by Israeli Homeland Security Minister, Gilad Erdan, and Education Minister, Naftali Bennett.
Erdan said: “We will continue to move against Iran’s military establishment in Syria, which threatens Israel’s security,” while Bennett said: “Israel has full freedom to move on its borders and is ready for all possible scenarios.”
Last week Russia, Syria and Iran accused Israel of launching an air strike against the T-4 military airport in the province of Homs, killing 14 people, including seven Iranians.
Iran said the attack “will not pass without a response”.