A man dressed as Santa Claus on the weekly protest in Bil'in village.

Friday demonstrations: several Palestinians injured by IOF fire


On Christmas Day, protests against the Israeli occupation and the apartheid wall took place across the occupied West Bank and in the Gaza Strip.

In the Gaza Strip, the IOF attacked, using live gunfire, four different protests.

They wounded six people near Khan Younis, four in al-Boreij, one near Erez and killed one young man in al-Shejaiya, east of Gaza City.

The victim was identified as Hani Rafiq Wahdan, 22.

Hani Rafiq Wahdan, 22.
Hani Rafiq Wahdan, 22.

He was shot in the head near the al-Shejaiya neighborhood east of Gaza City, according to a spokesperson for the Gazan Ministry of Health, Ashraf al-Qidra. He died on the scene.

In the Bil’in village, the Popular Committee against the Wall and Settlements reported that Israeli soldiers attacked the weekly nonviolent protest, where many Palestinians and foreigners suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation.

The Committee stated that  the Israeli soldiers fired rubber-coated steel bullets, gas bombs and concussion grenades at locals, Israeli and international peace activists, just as they reached the Palestinian lands, and chased the protesters in the villagers’ olive orchards.

The IOF also attacked the weekly protest against the Wall and Settlements, in Kafr Qaddoum, near Qalqilia, wounding one child, while many others suffered the effects of tear gas inhalation.

In the Hebron district, clashes erupted in Hahul, Ras al-Jora, and Beit Ummar, where four Palestinians were injured with rubber-coated steel bullets.

In Bethlehem, the IOF shot and injured more than ten Palestinians. The local medical team said ten Palestinians were shot with rubber-coated steel bullets and the nearby towns of al-Khader and Marah Rabah, while many others suffered severe effects of teargas inhalation.

The Red Crescent Society (RCS) in Bethlehem said at least two Palestinians were shot with rubber-coated steel bullets near Bilal Bin Rabah mosque, at the northern entrance of Bethlehem, and several others suffered the effects of teargas inhalation.

In Beit Forik town, near Nablus, the IOF shot and injured two Palestinians with live rounds, and at least two others with rubber-coated steel bullets.

The Palestinian Health Ministry reported that more than 15.000 have been injured, including 4.500 who were shot with live fire and rubber-coated metal bullets since the beginning of October.