Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) on Sunday closed off access to the Old city of Jerusalem for Palestinians who are not residents of the area, after two attacks in less than 12 hours that saw the killing of two Israelis, and two Palestinian youths.
Israeli police said access to the Old City in East Jerusalem was now limited to residents of the area, local business owners, students who attend school in the area, Israeli settlers and tourists, Al-Jazeera reported.
Police said the restrictions would last for two days.
On Sunday dawn, a Palestinian youth, Fadi Alloun (21) was shot dead by Israeli police after settlers claimed he tried to initiate a stab attack in the Bab Al-Amoud area (Damascus Gate) of Jerusalem.
Earlier on Saturday night, two Israeli settlers were killed, and a woman and her son injured in a stabbing attack by a Palestinian teen in occupied East Jerusalem’s Old City.
The Palestinian was identified as 19-year-old Muhannad Halabi from the city of al-Bireh in the central occupied West Bank, 15km north of Jerusalem, and was shot dead by IOF on the spot.