About 150 Israeli soldiers of Private units on Monday morning broke into Al-Aqsa mosque and evacuated it of worshipers by attacking them with sound grenades and rubber-coated bullets, and beating them with sticks.
However, some of the worshipers were not able to leave the mosque and were trapped inside.
The storming came after the Israeli police re-designated restrictions on the Muslims’ entry to the mosque, where men under 50, in addition to women were not allowed to enter. At the same time, a group of about 18 settlers this morning broke into the mosque, heavily guarded by police forces.
The clashes lead to a fire breakout in the mosque, which was put out by the fire department of the Islamic Waqf.
The Hebrew broadcast this morning said that the entrance restrictions will run until further notice.
Employees at the mosque said that IOF brought special machinery to remove the wood and open the windows of the mosque.
The employees added that there have been 12 injuries so far, one of them serious. The wounded are currently being treated in the mosque clinic.
For the past week, the proclaimed Temple Mount organizations have been calling on settlers to break into Al-Aqsa for the Jewish Purim holiday and the Head of the Hebrew year, and clashes have been rising since then. –