Spokesperson for the ministry of health in Gaza, Dr. Ashraf Al-Qidra on Thursday said that four people in Gaza were killed, and 30 others were wounded in a missile leftover explosion in Rafah city, southern Gaza strip.
Al-Qidra told PNN that four members of the Abu-Nqera family were killed, and 30 others were wounded, four of which suffer critical injuries.
The home of Abu-Nqera in Al-Shaboora neighborhood reportedly exploded during the process of rubble removal, after it was damaged by last year’s 51-day Israeli offensive on Gaza.
Al-Qidra added that the number of wounded is still rising, knowing that there are still people under the rubble.
Civil defense crews are still working on the spot to rescue the wounded, and the incident is being investigated.
According to statistics by the United Nations, last year’s Israeli attack on Gaza killed about 2,200 Palestinians, a majority of which are children and women. On the Israeli side, 73 soldiers were killed.
This is a developing story